As a lifelong lover of the warm glow of candlelight and soothing scents , I didn’t want to give up on candles when I began to develop intense chemical sensitivities. When I was pregnant with my son, I started reading about the harmful effects on infants of air contaminants, like synthetically scented candles and air fresheners.
Artificially scented candles and air freshener contain a wide variety of volatile organic compounds that can cause allergic reactions and damage the liver, kidneys, and the central nervous system. These chemicals are not heavily regulated.
I discovered that Beeswax is a natural air purifier - what an amazing way to keep the air clean for my family! Coupled with the therapeutic effects of pure essential oil, beeswax makes a long-burning, chemical free candle that I fell in love with. We had extra wine glasses left from our wedding, so I decided to paint them and pour in some wax - this was the birth of Studio Pure. The warm glow was back, with a touch of flare! It is important to me, down to the depths of my soul, to protect our children from further damage in a world full of chemicals, and give them clean air to breathe at home.
I can’t wait to share the love, and make one just for you!